Friday, September 24, 2010

Subtle Mind

I found after listening to our CD, I find the Subtle Mind exercise to be harder than the Loving Kindness exercise. Loving Kindness seems to be more laid back then the Subtle Mind exercise. I really had to focus on my breathing and really listen to even get to a point where it seemed like it was starting to work. I think spiritual wellness is connected to mental and physical wellness. I know when I am spiritually low I do not feel well or can not concentrate, but, when I feel spiritually fit, I feel physically better and mentally sharp.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mel perhaps your focusing on your breathing was the issue. We breathe all the time, naturally. Of course some of us breath easier than others :( due to physical problems such as nasal congestion, asthma, etc. If you could not focus, just breathe for several minutes at your own level of comfort, no specific rythm, or deepness, this may allow you the clarity you need. Sometimes small subtle changes in the pratice can help. You must find your level of comfort, not follow a method of instructions. Keep trying!!
    All my feelings of wellness go to you!

    Vicki
    Humanness and Wonder

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melissa,

    I looked through your project and sent you feedback via email. Can you let me know if you received the emails? That would be great because I have sent 2 different ones in response to your project.

    Thank you,

    Mark

    ReplyDelete