Friday, October 1, 2010
Healing unit 6
Learning new techniques and assessment tools will always help me personally and help me help others figure out their balance and natural rhythm to their bodies, mind, and spirit. The Loving-Kindness exercise was basically opening your mind and letting go of and pain and finding happiness for yourself and the happiness, health, wholeness, and freedom from suffering for others. Like projecting it through your thought. The assessment process allows you to find inner peace and take control of your body, mind, and spirit. Its about finding balance. I discovered that doing these exercises I could become one with myself and became extremely focused when I did school work. I found it helped me control my pain so much more. Meditation is my favorite exercise to foster greater wellness. I liked this blog assignment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are so right Mel about mental quietness helping with studying. If I am worrying about what I am going to have for dinner, how I am going to pay for the car repairs and whether or not my best friend is mad at me I am not concentrating on school work. I am just going through the motions. I love meditation also and I am glad you are finding pain releif wiht it.
ReplyDeleteMel, you have mentioned several times how much you enjoy meditation and how it helps you manage your pain. Have you been able to teach anyone else how to do the same thing? Also, do you think teaching someone else how to do these exercises increases your own understanding of them?
ReplyDeleteThe purpose of the exercises are well intended. I think it works better for some people than others, but as long as you can find a means to do it, its great. These types of exercises are hard for me to engage in but I have found other means of achieving the same results. It is important to know your body and what sets things off and what makes it feel better.
ReplyDeleteAs you said meditation is helping you to reduce pain, which is really great. Meditaion doesn't have any side effects, it's just have benefits in it. Enjoy!!
ReplyDeleteHi Mel; it really good to read about all the health benefits of meditation in your life. And it is even great that the practice helps you manage pain, and as Roma said; with meditation it is all benefits, there are no side effects as is the case when managing pain with pain medication. Meditation quietens the mind from both external noise and internal chattering. I love inner peace.
ReplyDeleteMelissa...I am so glad that these exercises worked so well for you. As Mai said, managing pain without all the side effects of pain medicines is a definite plus. The fewer prescription meds we can get by with, especially when you have no choice on some, the better off we are.
ReplyDeleteHave a great week my friend.